A national survey conducted by Edison Research earlier this year established
You might think that your customers don't, but…
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of Americans - an estimated 144,000,000 - 12 & up, have listened to podcasts.
- Thirty-two percent (32%) - 90,000,000 - have listened in the last month.
- Twenty-two percent (22%) - 62,000,000 - have listened in the last week.
Podcast listeners spanned four (4) generations.
…odds are, there are podcast listeners that want to find you.
- Thirty nine percent (39%) of those podcast listeners were 18 - 34 ("Gen Z" and "Millenials").
- Thirty-35 percent (35%) of those podcast listeners were 35 - 54 ("Millenials" and "Gen Y").
- Sixteen percent (16%) of those podcast listeners were 55 & up ("Boomers").
Podcast listeners cross educational levels.
Don't ignore the 20% with high school (or less). Long overlooked, there's a welcome resurgence in trades that pay well (see below).
- Eighty percent (80%) are college-educated .
- Twenty-seven percent Some college
- Twenty-five percent earned a four-year degree
- Twenty-eight percent had some grad school or received an advanced degree.
Fifty-one percent (51%) are employed full time.
Seventeen percent (17%) are employed part time.
Eight percent (8%) are retired.
Ten percent (68%) are students.
Twelve percent (12%) earn $75,000 - $100,000 per year.
Seventeen percent (17%) earn $$100,000 - $150,000 per year.
Twelve percent (12%) earn $$150,000+ per year.
Don't discount the 59% making "less than" $75,000. Many do quite well earning $6,249 (or less) per month.